List of articles we’ve already written about the game:
- Rajon Rondo is the latest Celtic to deflect praise to teammates.
- Luol Deng says the Bulls are lacking confidence defensively.
- Celtics-Bulls: The rivalry that never was
Now, here are three things to look forward to during the game:
- Lack of Bulls scoring – With John Salmons shooting only 38.7% from the field (No, it’s not a typo), the Bulls have a severe lack of scoring both on the perimeter and down low. Luol Deng is their top scorer, but even he would be a complementary scorer on a good team. Even Derrick Rose, as talented as he is, has yet to develop a scorer’s mentality. With the dearth of Bulls scoring going up against a stingy Celtic defense, Chicago might be in for a long night.
- Derrick Rose vs. Rajon Rondo – This one should be a doozy. It seems like Rondo has a premier matchup every night, and he usually steps up against the better PG’s in the league. Rose has lacked the same aggression he displayed at the end of last year, but remains one of the league’s top talents and still has every athletic tool a point guard could ever conceive of. Should be a very fun matchup.
- Pierce and Allen could have their way – When the two teams met earlier this season, Pierce and Allen shot a combined 15-21 from the floor in a terrific shooting display. Salmons and Deng should actually be pretty good matchups for the two Celtic wings; they’re long and pretty athletic. But this Bulls team doesn’t seem at all intent on stopping their opponent, and teams playing Chicago have been getting a lot of good, open looks from the perimeter.