As they did back in May, the Celtics overwhelmed Vinny Del Negro’s team in the end with more talent. But it is the way that Boston handled the Bulls this time around that has to be so disconcerting to the team’s head honchos.
“I think right now we’re not even close to being as good as they are right now,” Bulls center Joakim Noah admitted after the game. “When you see the way they run their offense, the way they run their defense [and] the weapons that they have on the court, I think that it’s a completely different team than it is last year.”
I guess Kevin Garnett makes a little bit of a difference… But it isn’t only that, or the additions of Rasheed Wallace and Marquis Daniels. The C’s offensive execution has been absolutely exquisite, their defensive intensity has improved, and they are playing with a better sense of purpose.
- Seven Pressing Questions for the Boston Celtics Entering 2009-2010
- Boston Celtics continue preseason tonight against Toronto Raptors
- Don’t expect Rasheed Wallace to shoot a good percentage from the field
- Where do I begin when discussing recent Celtics play?
- Pierce and Rondo lead way as Celtics thrash Bulls to improve to 3-0