Once in a while, someone else’s article catches my eye. Sometimes, it’s because the article is so spot-on I wish I’d written it myself. Other times, it’s because the article enlightens me with something I never knew. Still other times, it’s because I disagree with whatever’s written. No matter what the reason, I dish it off to another writer to make his/her point. You know, throwing some dimes.
- Jeff Clark of CelticsBlog writes the best Celtics ‘story of the decade’ yet:
The year that followed was nothing short of a perfect storm of basketball euphoria for Celtics fans. Three superstar players checked their egos at the door and bought into a system that required them to sacrifice stats and pour their blood, sweat, and tears into playing unglamorous defense night in and night out. The ideal 6th man was dropped into our laps and hit clutch shot after clutch shot while leading the 2nd team defense. A 2nd year point guard was trusted with the keys to the Ferrari and an undersized power forward 2nd round pick had the game of his life in the Finals. The cherry on top was throttling the Los Angeles Lakers to take home the 17th banner. It wasn’t a dream. All this actually happened.
- WEEI has a set of New Year’s resolutions straight from the Celtics’ mouths. Here’s Rasheed Wallace’s:
“Getting that ’ship, winning that ’ship. Plain and simple, to win that championship. That’s the ultimate when you’re a professional athlete, no matter if it’s football, basketball, baseball, whatever, to win that championship.”
- CelticsBlog discusses how injuries have limited the Celtics offensive options.
- Red’s Army writes a list of the decade’s top moments. My favorite is obviously number one, but number three was pretty damn fun too.
- Lebron James got one hell of a birthday present… and no, I’m not talking about his 48 points.