Well, I loved the episode so much, that I’m ripping off the idea and using this column to rant and rave about all things Boston Celtics and NBA. And this week in the NBA, my gears have been ground.
You know what really grinds my gears…?!?
- All this talk about Glen Davis’ immaturity and stupidity because he said “suck my d*&k” to a heckling fan. Really!? If you want to talk about Davis’ immaturity talk about him breaking his thumb in a fight with a buddy, or eating a cheeseburger and fries 30 minutes before tip-off, but swearing at an asshole (probably drunken) fan? Give me a break. He’s a grown man. If he wants to swear at a fan big deal. Do you realize how much swearing and shit-talking Kevin Garnett (and the rest of the Celtics) do all game long to the opposing team?
- All the panicky Celtics fans after a recent 4-8 skid. Relax everybody… The Celtics window hasn’t closed and they aren’t fatally flawed, they are just getting a little bored. These guys have all been there, done that. They know they can’t prove anything or reach their goal of winning a championship in the regular season, so they lost a little focus. When Garnett returns, everything will return to normal because KG is incapable of playing that way. You can panic if the next 12 twelve games with KG in the lineup leave us with a 4-8 record….
- LeBron James bailing out of the NBA dunk contest. What a freaking baby. What, is he scared his public persona is going to take a hit if he doesn’t win? He’s going to be there watching anyway, why not lace ‘em and put on a show for all your devoted fans, “King” James. And don’t give me this B.S. he doesn’t want to get hurt. NBA players have dunk contests with each other all the time during practice, and don’t seem too worried about getting injured.
- The Rookie vs. Sophomore challenge on NBA All-star weekend. What a waste of everybody’s time. Just a horrible display of basketball year in, year out.
- How every GM waits until the day before the trade deadline to start working out deals. There is always one or two trades that don’t happen because the teams ran out of time and the deadline passed. These GM’s know they can trade players the ENTIRE season before the deadline, right?