The Boston Celtics treated the New Jersey Nets like their little brother tonight, on the way to a 96-87 final. You know the way it goes: You let him score some easy hoops and make some nice plays. You try to keep the score close without looking too lazy or too bad, and then, when the game is on the line, you make the plays necessary to win.
Boston gave up 55 first-half points on 63% FG’s, but they allowed only 32 points to New Jersey in the second half, only 14 in the final period.
Besides Eddie House’s shooting barrage in the fourth-quarter, after starting 0-5, the game was uneventful, and even quite boring. If you chose to go out and celebrate Friday night and the start of the weekend instead of watching the game, you didn’t miss much.
And if you did? Here are the game’s highlights for you…
Keys Stats of the Game:
- New Jersey Nets shot 63% in the first half.
- 4th straight double-double for Rajon Rondo- 17 points, 11 assists
- Back-to-back good games for Ray Allen- 26 points, 7 rebounds
- 32 bench points for the Boston Celtics
Unusual Stats of the Game:
- Rasheed Wallace had a season-high 6 assists
- Bill Walker received 10 minutes of playing time, sinking two free-throws and grabbing a rebound
Player of the Game:
- Eddie House- 10 fourth-quarter points ( would have been 13, but they inexplicably called a shot clock violation on one of the 3-point shots)