Al Jefferson has been charged with fourth degree driving while impaired, after being arrested early Sunday morning in Minnesota. (ESPN)
Minnesota center Al Jefferson was arrested early Sunday morning for allegedly driving drunk, according to multiple media reports.
Jefferson was charged with fourth degree driving while impaired, a misdemeanor.
Jefferson was pulled over for driving 56 mph in a 40 mph zone, after having changed lines without using his blinker and then driving outside the lane line.
Lt. Eric Roeske said he could not reveal Jefferson’s blood alcohol level, but that it was higher than the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
Big Al still holds a place in many Celtics fans hearts.
- Yankees prospect arrested after brawl during Boston-Phoenix game
- Celtics-Timberwolves game preview: Al Jefferson ‘has the patience of a grandmother knitting on her porch’
- NBA Season Preview: Minnesota Timberwolves
- The Morning Walkthrough: Kendrick Perkins earning a little admiration
- Eddie House’s wife involved in Yankee prospect’s arrest