Ladies and gentlemen, your winner for the best piece about Kevin Garnett in 2010 goes to….. Jackie MacMullan.
I’m sorry, folks, but no other applications will be accepted. This piece is THAT good.
To summarize …
- Garnett was told his injury takes a year to recover from.
- He has been pissed off by teammates not trying hard enough.
- He told Danny Ainge, “You should have come and got me when I was 26 or 27. I would have been done by now, but we would have had three or four championships.”
- He says Doc “sons” him to keep him out of games.
- Danny Ainge said, “I don’t know what will happen with Kevin. [...] We’ll know more next season.”
- Garnett enjoys detractors. “I like it, though,” he said. “These people saying this stuff, they don’t know [expletive] about me. They don’t know this summer, with the education I’ve gathered on my injury, just wait. They see you hurt, they see you get dunked on, they think your guard is down. That’s when I take the clips off my guns.”
Just read the piece. Now.