Ira Winderman, reporter for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports that the Heat’s roster is a lot closer to being finalized than we think. Here is Winderman’s list of the 15 players he expects to play for the Miami Heat next season:
- Lebron James – Signed.
- Dwyane Wade – Signed.
- Chris Bosh – Signed.
- Udonis Haslem – Signed.
- Mario Chalmers – Signed.
- Mike Miller – Agreed to terms.
- Juwan Howard – Reportedly close to signing.
- Joel Anthony – Signed to an offer sheet.
- Jamaal Magloire – According to Winderman, Wade likes Magloire. So in the world of pampered superstars, Winderman believes Magloire will probably stay.
- Carlos Arroyo – Same agent as Lebron, played for the Heat last season. Could be enough to keep him around.
- James Jones – Winderman believes he’ll probably stick around, mostly because he helped the Heat open up cap space.
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas – Has been recruited by Lebron, his former teammate in Cleveland. At this stage of his career, probably wants a title.
- Dexter Pittman – Second-round pick out of Texas.
- Da’Sean Butler – Second-round pick out of West Virginia.
- Veteran point guard X – In case the Arroyo-Chalmers tandem isn’t good enough. Winderman throws out Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling and Earl Watson as possibilities. The Heat are rumored to have interest in Williams.
Please note: Shaquille O’Neal is nowhere to be found. According to Winderman, the Heat don’t have any interest. Why not, if their centers would be Ilgauskas, Magloire, and Howard? Beats me. Dwight Howard would eat Zydrunas for breakfast, Bosh for lunch, Juwan Howard for dinner and Magloire for dessert. Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum would do the same thing. Sadly, I’m not so sure the same goes for KG/Perk/O’Neal.
My question: Would the team Winderman expects to see in Miami win an NBA championship? I’m leaning towards yes. Damn it.