By the time you read this post, I’ll probably be three quarters of the way to the promised land: Folly Beach. I spent eight hours in the car yesterday, mostly napping and drooling my way to Maryland. Just so you know, I’m the drool champion of the world. Every time I wake up, it’s like I’m in a swimming pool of my own saliva. And I’m not talking about a tiny, above-ground pool either. I’m talking a Michael Phelps-worthy, Olympic-sized swimming pool. And it’s all deep end.
Anyway, only nine and a half hours to go, my friends. It’s the stretch run. I’m driving today, so all you drivers between Maryland and South Carolina watch out. I’m something like a mix of Tyreke Evans and Mario Andretti behind the wheel. (Just kidding. I’m actually more like the on-road version of Mother Teresa. I want to be more risky, but I can’t hide my true colors.)
For those of you already bored out of your minds by this needless post, it’s just to tell you that today will be another day of timed posts. If any news comes out, I’ll tweet my reaction for now (follow me, son) and write about it later. May the road be nice to me. Cool Runnings, dawg. Peace be da journey.
- Site announcement: Vacation can’t hold me down
- Vacation Alert: Be back tomorrow night
- Sheed definitely retiring? (Update: Maybe not)
- 11 things Richard Jefferson could have done that would have been smarter than opting out
- Wade compares Heat losing to World Trade Center going down (update: Fanhouse transcription error)