Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- Paul Pierce’s high school jersey will be retired. Congrats, Truth. I was actually watching Pierce lose to Vince Carter in the 1995 McDonald’s dunk contest. Coincidentally, that contest was also the last time Vince will ever beat Truth in anything meaningful.
- Paul Flannery discusses Rondo leaving/getting cut from Team USA. Bill Simmons opines, “The single smartest thing Coach K did: dumping Rajon Rondo before the tournament started. This team could only succeed because of the “young/energetic/undersized athletes rallying around Durant and having good chemistry” dynamic and it wouldn’t have worked with Rose and Rondo (natural rivals) competing for minutes. Rondo was expendable for two reasons: can’t shoot from outside (neither can Rose), can’t shoot free throws (Rose can). And you didn’t need both. The good news: Every Rose/Rondo game is going to be A-W-E-S-O-M-E this season.”
- For what it’s worth, Bill Simmons’ father likes Semih Erden. It’s probably worth nothing.
- Brandon Jennings believes the Bucks will win the Central Division. After getting home from Turkey, I’m sure Derrick Rose will have a nice chuckle at that.
- Why Team USA, despite winning gold, really was the “B team.” I agree with everything written about Team USA here.
- Breaking news: People hate Lebron James. Almost as much as they hate Kobe.
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.