In case you hadn’t heard, a website called Media Takeout published a rumor that Marquis Daniels is a Blood-affiliated gangster. The reasoning? He occasionally uses the letter “k” instead of “c” when he tweets, his Twitter profile included a picture of a red hat and red shoes, and he once took a picture while holding a red bandana. That means he’s definitely a krazy gangster, right? Oops, I might be a gangster now too. Crap. I mean, krap.
Daniels responded to the accusations today in an interview with Slam. ”To even say that I’m in a gang is absurd,” he said. “I would never put myself in that kind of situation. I respect myself, my family and my fans, especially the kids who look up to me, too much for that.”
I did a little Twitter investigation into the matter, trying to find out a little more about Daniels. I came up with a few other things, besides a Blood, that he might be.
- A priest - Daniels once tweeted, “finish ya day strong wit prayer #GOD wrap your arms around me as I sleep, place your angels around my house thank u..AMEN!” Daniels is obviously either a closet priest or an angel sent from heaven.
- A marriage counselor – Check this tweet out. “The greatest thing a FATHER can do to his children, is to love their mother.” If Shaq ever wants to give his marriage another shot, all he has to do is call Marquis.
- A code developer – Read this tweet gem, if you can understand it. “Boy dat @BrickBoy407 #7 ‘I’m livin it’ g dawg going dummy on dat trax.” Is that even English? Yes, it is. But Daniels works for the goverment in his free time, making codes to protect classified information, so you can’t read it.
- A ghostbuster – “I heard about ur goons and he got a few goblins,” Daniels tweeted, ”but I got some ghostbusters.” Daniels doing one hell of a job busting ghosts, too. I haven’t seen a single one in Massachusetts since he signed with the Celtics.
- A Blood AND a Crip – So what is it, Marquis? Are you a Blood or a Crip? Because (bekause?) you have at times included both k’s and c’s in the same tweet: “Mike Epps comedy live from club Nokia is funny as hell…..boy I knt stop laughing dat boy is stupid!” Adding to the confusion of reading both k’s and c’s, Marquis substituted “dat” for “that.” What does that (dat?) make him? Someone who hates the Oklahoma City Dunder?
- A pirate – Check out this picture. Captain Marquis Sparrow.
The confusion continues. What the hell is Marquis Daniels? The world may never know. But Media Takeout should stop speculating.