Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- The Washington Wizards just won themselves an NBA championship: they convinced Adam Morrison to accept a training camp invitation. Unfortunately (wink wink), that means he won’t be anywhere near Newport, Rhode Island when the Celtics begin camp.
- Rajon Rondo and Jalen Rose, both wearing pajamas, play Connect Four. Interesting.
- The Orlando Sentinel’s Mike Bianchi tears apart Shaquille O’Neal, telling Dwight Howard not to take any advice from Shaq, under any circumstances: “What is Shaq going to teach Dwight — how to bolt for L.A. when your contract is up, how to send the Magic franchise into a decade-long death spiral when you leave, how to not work hard during the offseason and how to fire coaches and feud with teammates?” What Bianchi meant to say was, “What is Shaq going to teach Dwight — how to use his strength wisely, how to learn more than one post move, and how to win championships?”
- Former Celtic Tiny Archibald now has a whole lot of degrees. Tim Povtak calls him “one of the most educated, most academically driven ex-athletes in America today.”
- A. Sherrod Blakely previews training camp. One of his predictions: “ If [Luke Harangody] gets an opportunity to play – and that’s a big if when you consider all the guys ahead of him in the pecking order – don’t be shocked if he performs well.”
- Chris Forsberg examines what the Celtics should expect from Nate Robinson. One observation: “Maybe most importantly, Robinson needs to get back to the rim and convert those close looks. According to HoopData, Robinson averaged 4.1 shots at the rim in 2008-09 (converting 60 percent of those attempts). Last season with Boston? Robinson averaged just 1 shot at the rim per game and converted only 32 percent of those tries, leaving defenses challenging him on the perimeter and rather carefree if he got to the lane.” How much of that difference was Nate’s hesitancy, and how much was his newfound role on the Celtics?
- A nice, thorough Red Auerbach tribute for his birthday yesterday. But watch out, FLCeltsFan: I will hunt you down and steal that t-shirt you describe.
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to email@example.com or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.