Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- I thought Scal would win the dunk contest before I’d be afraid of Erick Dampier signing with a rival. But Dampier helps the Heat. They needed his size.
- Chris Forsberg discusses the Jermaine O’Neal signing: “Regardless of whether he begins the season as a starter or not, O’Neal is likely to end it as a reserve. In many ways, he’s this year’s Rasheed Wallace, the aging veteran brought in at the reduced cost of the mid-level exception with hopes he can still play like someone who deserved $23 million last season.” O’Neal was paid $23 million last season, but I wouldn’t exactly say he deserved it. Let’s just hope he plays like someone who deserves the mid-level exception.
- Kelly Dwyer compares Kevin Durant in today’s NBA to Kevin Garnett back in 1999. Dwyer says Durant is “not all that’s right with the NBA. He’s not a shining beacon to follow to shore. But he is something special. And he’s worth being giddy about. Don’t ever lose those sorts of good shudders, the ones that get you doing the pogo just thinking about next fall. And, possibly, next summer. Just keep an eye on the sky, with this guy, and prepare for anything. It might take a while, but it’ll be worth it.”
- Scal is officially someone else’s whipping boy. Bulls By The Horns jokes, “The Bulls have inked Brian Scalabrine to a non-guaranteed deal, making any potential trade for [Carmelo] Anthony redundant. I mean, there’s only so much shooting and scoring a team needs, right?”
- Paul Flannery argues that Pierce’s legacy as a Celtic was ensured by his contract extension. I would argue that it was already ensured before that, even though he’d look terrible in any other uniform.
- Rajon Rondo’s Alcatraz adventure keeps looking cooler. If playing basketball at every jail is as fun, I might go ahead and get myself arrested.
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.