Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- Chris Johnson and Jamar Smith have been waived. I still have no idea what either of them looks like, but Chris Forsberg reports they’ll both have a shot to make the Red Claws.
- Doc Rivers thinks Shaq’s screens could help free Ray Allen: “They’ll be great. The great thing about setting screens for Shaq alone is every team in the NBA that has played against Shaq: You’re taught never to get off his side. Everybody tries to trap Ray off the screen. If you come off Shaq’s body, you’re releasing Shaq to the rim.” Doc might have a point. Shaq’s bigger than Perk and also more of a threat rolling to the rim.
- Sign #15,473 that Shaq’s getting old: he falls asleep in the movies, before the movie even starts. And then he gets popcorn thrown at his face.
- J.A. Adande, you could not have done a better job on your piece about Lebron. Well done, sir.
- Two words that will forever haunt Antoine Walker’s basketball career: what if?
- It’s official: the Celtics are far more important than politics. And my high school teammate did the reporting.
- Al Jefferson bulked up to 277 pounds this year to play the center position. “Hopefully all muscle,” he said.
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.