Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- Delonte West left today’s practice with back spasms. NBD, if you ask me. He has to miss the season’s first 10 games anyway. That should give him plenty of time to get his back right, no? (P.S. Jermaine O’Neal missed the end of the C’s last practice with a sore hamstring. UPDATE: O’Neal could be out for a week, but he says the hamstring injury is “minor.”)
- On a scale of 1 to vomitacious, ESPN’s new Heat Index is miles off the charts. But the sad thing is, people will still read it every single day. As John Krolik put it, “Some people love this team, most people hate this team, but the important thing is that they care about this team. … I don’t know how this Heat experiment will turn out, but can you imagine anyone not watching?”
- Von Wafer tweets, “I’m in a dog fight but I’ma fight to the end.” I assume he means for the 15th spot. Too bad Michael Vick didn’t use the same analogy for the quarterback battle in Philly.
- I got an email today about some new promotion the Celtics have to give away free tickets. Anybody like the sound of that?
- Red’s Army wonders whether the Brendan Haywood and Joakim Noah contracts are pricing Kendrick Perkins out of Boston. If Jermaine O’Neal plays well, the Celtics might pass on keeping Perkins for next season. Remember, they already have the O’Neal brothers and Semih Erden under contract. Weird to think this could be Perk’s last year as a Celt. I love the Beast.
- CelticsBlog writes some S.W.A.G.’s (Silly Wild Astute Guesses). My least favorite? That Luke Harangody will start at some point this season… AT SMALL FORWARD! If ‘Gody plays small forward, whoever he’s defending will score at least 40 points and I will have a full-blown conniption.
- Can someone please get me highlights of Derrick Favors’s first game as a pro? From Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News: “His first shot was an alley-oop dunk. His second shot was a dunk. His third shot was a dunk. He attacked the rim with reckless efficiency, providing a spark and energy to an otherwise listless game. His most impressive dunk didn’t count: the 19-year-old jumped OVER a Maccabi Haifa player on the baseline but was called for a charge.”
- In the theoretical Ryder Cup of basketball, the World team would get smoked like your grassy ass. Man, I butchered that saying.
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.
- Throwing some dimes, starring Antoine Walker as one of the worst champions ever
- Throwing some dimes: No teams currently interested in Antoine Walker
- Throwing some dimes, starring “Erick Dampier, Miami Heat?”
- Throwing some dimes: Nate Robinson dunks on an unsuspecting Shaq
- Rondo, Sheed skip parts of practice due to spasms