Just some quick hitters based on Twitter updates from practice. Will update later if anything else comes out.
1. Jermaine O’Neal is now expected to miss at least 2-3 weeks with his latest knee malady, which may or may not be a bout with arthritis. I have a feeling Jermaine’s bothersome knees will be recurring news all season.
2. Doc Rivers claimed the Celtics would not sign a new big man unless Jermaine O’Neal’s situation gets worse. In possibly related news, Tom Haberstroh suggests the Miami Heat sign Erick (-a) Dampier.
3. Avery Bradley returned to practice. He has been bothered since June (yes, June, prior to the NBA Draft) by what was deemed a sprained ankle, nominated as “Worst Sprained Ankle Ever” by yours truly. Nobody knows what to expect from Bradley, but his dunks can make Rajon Rondo and Nate Robinson “squeal in delight.” Bradley reportedly looked good while playing two-on-two after practice. Von Wafer also played in the game, so I suppose it’s good that Delonte West was shooting around at the other end of the court.
4. Marquis Daniels missed practice today, due to what Chris Forsberg called a “family issue.” Daniels could miss Wednesday’s game to take care of the matter.
5. Also, Rajon Rondo shot a lot of free throws after practice. At least he’s trying.