For the 19,056,345th time, the Boston Celtics have pushed back the date of Shaquille O’Neal’s return. (ESPN Boston)
“Shaq is probably not going to be back Wednesday, it looks like,” said Rivers. “His foot is bothering him again a little bit.”
When Danny Ainge traded Kendrick Perkins away, he gave a vote of confidence to Shaq’s health. Yet Shaq’s body refuses to respond to any treatment, and he has now missed a month straight (and, for the season, 24 of the C’s 60 games).
The Celtics can survive without Shaq during the regular season. But when size becomes magnified in the playoffs, Shaq’s presence would certainly help matters. As bad as the Orlando Magic have looked at times, the thought of Nenad Krstic defending Dwight Howard makes me want to cry.
- Players pushed for O’Neal signing
- Jermaine O’Neal claims he’ll return before the regular season ends
- Morning Walkthrough: Jermaine O’Neal’s Decision pushed to today
- Morning Walkthrough: Perk could return sooner than expected; Shaq could “probably play two or three more years”
- Delonte West could return sooner than we thought