Carlos Arroyo missed a potential game-winning jumper, Von Wafer did “what?” and the Boston Celtics’ JV team fell to the Washington Wizards, 95-94. The Celtics will be the Eastern Conference’s third seed, and will begin the playoffs against the New York Knicks.
Was anything from tonight important, besides the seeding confirmation? Delonte West went down with a sprained right ankle; it’s the same ankle that caused him to miss a number of games earlier this season, the same ankle that still has a chipped bone. Damn.
On a brighter note, Jeff Green had 15 rebounds (huh?), Jermaine O’Neal had 15 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks (what?), and Glen Davis scored 20 points (finally). The trainers should be busy tomorrow; Jermaine played 37 minutes, meaning he’ll likely need a full-body massage, a two-hour long acupuncture session and a dozen Advil tomorrow morning. In all seriousness, the Celtics have already decided Jermaine will skip Wednesday’s season-ending game against New York.
Just like last season, the Celtics will need to win three series on the road. Let’s hope for a different outcome this time around.
- Celtics lose first preseason game,103-92 to Philadelphia 76ers
- Doc has a team he’d like to play in playoffs… kinda
- Celtics fall apart, lose to Wizards 85-83
- Injury update: The O’Neals might actually both play in the same game
- Morning Walkthrough: “To watch the Celtics play at their best is to wonder how they ever lose”