Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett could be starting their NBA regular season next week, but instead might participate in a six-game world tour with some of the game’s other superstars. (ESPN)
Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wadeand Kevin Durant will headline the roster of 18 all-star players, sources said.
The remaining 14 players will be announced Wednesday. LeBron James, Chris Bosh,Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Carlos Boozer, Tyson Chandler,Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo andChris Kaman are among the candidates. …
The tour’s first game will be played Sunday, Oct. 30, in San Juan at Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum. Tickets will go on sale in Puerto Rico Wednesday afternoon.
The next two games will be on Nov. 1 and 3 at the O2 Arena in London. Game 4 will be played Nov. 6 in Macau in the Cotai Arena at the Venetian Hotel, and the tour will close in Melbourne, Australia with games at Rod Laver Arena on Nov. 8 and 9.
- Biggest NBA lockout exhibition tour ever in the works? Pierce, Rondo expected to participate, according to report
- Rajon Rondo will play exhibition game on August 15
- Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce to be named to All-Star team
- Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were teammates in high school
- More All-Decade love for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett