Trade rumors have swirled around Rajon Rondo from time to time for years, but never has the commotion been as loud as it is now, with Danny Ainge rumored to be dogged in his pursuit of Chris Paul.
Since he rarely shows emotions outwardly, it’s difficult to visualize Rondo upset*. But his agent Bill Duffy said the rumors have hit Rondo hard. Duffy also said the Celtics assured him that Rondo is “their guy.” (Boston Herald)
“I’m told that he’s their guy,” Duffy told the Herald. “There’s been repeated interest in him, as there is in other players. But they have high expectations for Rajon now and moving forward.”
Still, the talk that the Celtics are looking to deal Rondo has caused more than a few waves.
“It’s just disturbing,” said Duffy. “It’s disturbing for everybody. It’s disturbing for me. It’s disturbing for him, because it makes one think, ‘Where do I stand in this relationship?’ Particularly because he’s a darn good player, and this is a very successful franchise, and he’s one of the key players on the franchise.”
The chances of Rondo being dealt are unlikely. But I’m convinced Danny Ainge would trade his mother if he thought it would help the Celtics win games.
*unless you remember the second half of last season
- Rajon Rondo trade a possibility? Boston Celtics reportedly open to a deal
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Is Dwight Howard part of the Boston Celtics’ Chris Paul plan?
- Josh Smith defends Rajon Rondo amid trade rumors
- Rajon Rondo’s agent should be fired
- Rajon Rondo not involved in nightclub incident, says agent