The Boston Celtics are still hot in pursuit of Chris Paul, according to a number of reports tonight from some of the world’s best (and most accurate) NBA reporters. The trade package being offered by Danny Ainge differs from report to report, but we should take the following takeaways from the latest news:
- The Celtics want Paul very badly.
- They are willing to surrender a whole lot in order to get Paul: One report says the package includes Rondo, Green and two first-round drafts picks. Another reports says the package includes Rondo, Bradley, one first-round draft pick, possibly Green and Marshon Brooks, a first-round draft pick the Celtics traded away on draft night for JaJuan Johnson and no longer hold the rights to. Huh? (Note: Sam Amick has since updated the story, and the package would include E’Twaun Moore, not Brooks.)
- The C’s seem undeniably willing to trade for Paul even without a contract extension.
- The Hornets would rather have Stephen Curry than Rajon Rondo??
More on these talks tomorrow. Right now, it’s late, I’m tired, and I need time to digest the latest, crazy batch of reports.
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Is Dwight Howard part of the Boston Celtics’ Chris Paul plan?
- Celtics willing to trade for Chris Paul even if he doesn’t sign contract extension, according to a report
- Chris Paul wouldn’t sign extension with Boston Celtics, according to a report
- Chris Paul reportedly wants to team with Dwight Howard, too
- Danny Ainge wanted a reset button on the Jeff Green-Kendrick Perkins trade, according to a report