Despite earlier reports saying the Los Angeles Lakers were involved in three-team trade talks to bring Chris Paul to the West coast, A. Sherrod Blakely reports the Celtics might be Paul’s only realistic trade option remaining.
The Lakers are said to have backed off their pursuit, and the Golden St. Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers are reportedly uninterested in parting ways with the two players New Orleans desires most — Stephen Curry and Eric Gordon.
“It may not be what he wants, but going to Boston or staying in New Orleans may be his only options now,” said a league source from one of the teams that could emerge as a potential third team involved in the trade. “And of the two, I think it goes without saying, that playing for Danny (Ainge) and Doc (Rivers) and those guys is the better choice of the two.”
If I had to guess right now, I’d say the Celtics have a 50 percent chance of landing Paul.
- Boston Celtics leading Chris Paul trade race?
- Celtics willing to trade for Chris Paul even if he doesn’t sign contract extension, according to a report
- Chris Paul trade will come by Friday, three suitors believe
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Is Dwight Howard part of the Boston Celtics’ Chris Paul plan?
- Chris Paul’s agent says he wants trade to New York Knicks, not Boston Celtics, according to repot