(.gif from @dombili)
I guess it’s tough to win games when Kevin Garnett sits out and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen combine to shoot 1 for 3,958 (estimated figure).
Chris Wilcox, thumbs up. Big Three, thumbs down (Garnett didn’t play, I know). Rajon Rondo, you were everything I hope and dream for during the first three quarters (and still good in the fourth).
Overall, tonight’s game kinda reminded me of the lego castle I tried to put together 20 years ago. I was *thisclose* to completing the entire thing. It wasn’t going to be the prettiest Lego castle ever, but it would have worked. And then my dog came bounding into the room, crashed into the castle, and left four-year old Jay with tears streaming down his face and 35 bazillion useless Legos spread across the floor.
Wasting Rondo’s second consecutive career high is not what I wanted to come from tonight. Losing to the Detroit Pistons before meeting Chicago tomorrow is not ideal. And now I’m faced with having my first nightmares of Ben Gordon since 2009.
More to come later. Not Boston’s best effort, or anywhere close.
- Celtics 96, Pistons 85: The Captain returns, Boston finds elusive first win
- Rajon Rondo’s agent says Boston Celtics assure him Rondo is “their guy”
- Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen out tonight; Pietrus, Dooling, Wilcox expected to return
- Video: Rajon Rondo consecutive alley oops to JaJuan Johnson, Chris Wilcox
- Rajon Rondo trade a possibility? Boston Celtics reportedly open to a deal