Tonight’s blowout was actually important, not just because the Celtics lost by nine million points to Philadelphia on Wednesday, but because the Celtics embark on an eight-game road trip from hell following tonight’s lopsided victory.
My favorite occurrences from a blowout that was actually a lot worse than the 104-86 final score:
- After being tied at 10-10, Boston went on a 71-28 run.
- A lineup consisting of Avery Bradley, Sasha Pavlovic, Greg Stiemsma and Keyon Dooling took a letter knife and tore the game wide open.
- Pavlovic scored 10 points and hit his first four shots. He was awesome, no sarcasm intended.
- Rajon Rondo finished with just eight points and five assists. And the Celtics led by 43 at one point.
- Bradley had 11 points and five assists on 5-7 shooting. I needed to check, but the assists were not a career high.
- Marquis Daniels made an appearance. He was dearly missed.
That was a lot more enjoyable than whatever happened in Philadelphia the other night, no?