And the Celtics get dealt another blow. Chris Wilcox will miss the remainder of the season with a heart issue.
The Celtics have been dealt with another injury blow Wednesday afternoon when they learned that forward Chris Wilcox will not return this season because of a heart-related issue. …
Wilcox, who underwent monthly heart examinations, was held out of the March 9 game against the Portland Trail Blazers because a test detected a potential abnormality. The power forward then underwent more testing at the Cleveland Clinic and like, teammate Jeff Green, will be forced to miss extensive time.
It is uncertain whether Wilcox will need surgery or whether he will be able to play again, but the team is seeking another big man to replace him on the roster.
This leaves the Celtics with one healthy center, and he’s a 26-year old rookie who spent last season in Turkey. They’ve been out-rebounded by 100 million boards in the past week alone.
But most importantly: Get better, Chris. I wasn’t overly thrilled when the Celtics signed you, but you became a legitimate option in the middle and one hell of an alley-oop partner for Rajon Rondo. Best of luck in your recovery. I’ll be praying for your eventual return to the hardwood.
- Chris Wilcox heart issue? Center undergoing additional cardiac testing
- Chris Wilcox (bruised shoulder) unlikely against Hornets
- Jeff Green heart surgery set for Jan. 9, will miss entire season
- Video: Rajon Rondo consecutive alley oops to JaJuan Johnson, Chris Wilcox
- Celtics acquiring David West? On West, Chris Wilcox, Jeff Green and the wizardry of Danny Ainge