It’s easy to see why the Celtics might be interested in J.J. Hickson. He’s a young big with a considerable amount of talent who averaged 13.8 points and 8.7 rebounds in 28.7 minutes last season and might be available on the cheap because he’s been, quite frankly, pretty awful this season. A big man shooting 37 percent is not a good look but Hickson can be a very good rebounder, he’s younger than I am (he’ll be 24 in September) and he could actually keep up with Rondo on the fast break, no small consideration for a team that will presumably look to build around Rondo in the future.
Plus, I know you all remember the way Hickson nearly changed that 2010 playoff series in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ favor. The kid has ability. He might just be experiencing some serious lockout blues. Then again, he might have peaked at the age of 22. Who knows? At the right price, still, I’d love acquiring Hickson.
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Is Dwight Howard part of the Boston Celtics’ Chris Paul plan?
- Chris Kaman reappears in Boston Celtics trade rumors
- Boston Celtics trade rumors: Danny Ainge asking for the world
- Highlight Reel: Hickson turns tables on Wade
- Michael Beasley trade rumors: Another week, another report of Boston Celtics interest