More great news on the Mickael Pietrus front. Pending further testing upon his return to Boston, Pietrus could return to the court as early as tomorrow against the Washington Wizards. (CSNNE.com)
Now on his way back to Boston, Pietrus feels fortunate knowing he will eventually resume his playing career sooner rather than later.
“We have been playing good basketball and to end the trip like that was sad,” Pietrus told CSNNE.com.
He added, it “could have been worse.”
Upon returning to Boston, he will be reevaluated by the Celtics medical staff.
Depending on how those tests go, Pietrus could be back on the floor as early as Sunday’s game against Washington.
Pietrus is eager to get back on the floor, naturally.
But he has no plans to come back too soon.
It doesn’t really matter if he returns tomorrow or the next day or the day after that or whenever. Pietrus is expected to be healthy, and yesterday that certainly didn’t seem ensured.
- Mickael Pietrus update: ‘Optimism’ Pietrus will return this season
- Mickael Pietrus will likely have no minutes restriction tomorrow in debut
- Mickael Pietrus injured, taken off on stretcher
- Mickael Pietrus won’t play against Miami Heat or New Orleans Hornets
- Mickael Pietrus status uncertain due to knee injury?