Since tonight’s game in Atlanta could very well decide who receives home court advantage in the first round, it’s safe to say Doc Rivers has officially entered “I’m really banking on the fact that we can beat Atlanta or Orlando on the road” mode. Either that or he’s banking on Avery Bradley scoring 45 points, Sean Williams and Greg Stiemsma combining for 17 blocked shots, and E’Twaun Moore holding it down for the bench (or maybe, considering how many players are out, the starting lineup) with a cool 20.
If the Celtics are going to rest players, please allow me to jump on the “Doc, Brandon Bass is pretty important too, so maybe he should also receive a playing time cut” bandwagon. If the Celtics are going to go to war with the C squad, might as well let Bass take an easy night and give JaJuan Johnson some run. AmIRite?
Sean Williams will wear No. 56 for the Celtics — whoever decided to officially announce the Williams signing on 4/20 is a comic genius.
- Kevin Garnett returning tonight against Thunder, says Doc Rivers
- Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce playing pickup basketball with Ricky Rubio
- Celtics out for revenge, and pride, against Atlanta Hawks
- Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett could play in world tour exhibition
- Kevin Garnett now ‘probable’ for tonight; Brandon Bass says he’s out until after All-Star break