Stiemsma looked bad last night. He missed several defensive rotations and failed to notch a point, assist, rebound or blocked shot in five minutes of game time. He clearly wasn’t right in the first half, which led Doc Rivers to spread Stiemsma’s second-half minutes among Kevin Garnett, who played 41 minutes a few days after celebrating his 36th birthday, and The Wildly Unproductive Ryan Hollins.
With Avery Bradley out, Ray Allen in the starting lineup and Stiemsma banged up, the Celtics’ bench production has become “please hit an outside shot for the love of God, Pietrus” or “they flex a lot, which is cool, but can’t they put the damn ball in the basket???”
Needless to say, the Cs could use Stiemsma’s feet to magically heal, Pietrus to start hitting from the perimeter or someone random — Marquis Daniels, stand up! — to provide a boost.
- Greg Stiemsma missed second half against Hawks after his bothersome feet acted up
- E’Twaun Moore, Greg Stiemsma earn spots in the rotation
- Ray Allen, Greg Stiemsma re-aggravated injuries in Game 5
- Kevin Garnett wants Greg Stiemsma rewarded with a long-term deal
- Greg Stiemsma contract to be guaranteed today before deadline?