The Celtics need to be zoned in for 48 full minutes (or reasonably close to it) to beat the Heat. They need Rajon Rondo to play like a superstar. They need to rebound and rotate on a string and move the ball sharply.
None of that happened tonight, so the Celtics trail 1-0. This is their first double-digit playoff loss, so we’ll see how they adjust and respond on Wednesday. I expect a better team then.
Plenty more to come tomorrow once I re-watch this mess. For now, off to nightmares of Ed Malloy dressed as the Chuckie doll and swinging claws like Wolverine.
(frightening picture of an obviously demonized Kevin Garnett via SB Nation)
- Rajon Rondo pushes Boston Celtics into Eastern Conference Finals
- Proud, suddenly-underdog Celtics improbably found way into Eastern Conference Finals and don’t think run ends here
- Will the Celtics win the Eastern Conference? I’m still confident
- My Eastern Conference Reserves
- Kevin Garnett named Eastern Conference Player of the Week