Greg Stiemsma has withdrawn from the USA Select Team because of plantar fasciitis in his left foot, according to the Boston Globe.
Stiemsma spent the second half of the 2011-12 NBA regular season proving Danny Ainge a genius for uncovering him hidden deep within a haystack in the professional leagues of Turkey. He then spent the playoffs platooning with Ryan Hollins.
During at least the last couple months of the season, Stiemsma was unable to practice or even participate in shootarounds because of his feet. Just think about that for a little bit — a 26-year old rookie who averaged three points per game as a senior at Wisconsin and spent the previous season in Turkey contributed to a deep NBA playoff run even though he wasn’t even healthy enough for pregame shootarounds.
More pressing to the Celtics than Stiemsma’s withdrawal from the Select Team is the fact that he’s currently a restricted free agent. The Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly interested, which is scary BECAUSE DAVID KAHN HAS MONEY TO SPEND AND ONCE SAID DARKO MILICIC WAS LIKE MANNA FROM HEAVEN WHILE HANDING HIM STACKED BILLS TOTALING $20 MILLION!!!!!!
- Greg Stiemsma added to USA Basketball Select Team
- Greg Stiemsma wants to remain a Celtic
- Greg Stiemsma, honored by a holiday in his hometown, still wears a walking boot to protect his injured foot
- Greg Stiemsma could have played last night, just resting with plantar fasciitis
- Greg Stiemsma calls Boston Celtics his No. 1 option in free agency