ESPN reports that the Dallas Mavericks are unlikely to match the Boston Celtics’ offer for Jason Terry even if they are given the opportunity:
Free agent guard Jason Terry is closing in on a three-year contract with the Boston Celtics, sources close to the situation confirmed Tuesday.
Terry’s offer from the Celtics is believed to be for the full mid-level exception of $5 million annually.
Sources familiar with the the Dallas Mavericks’ thinking told ESPNDallas.com that the team, coveting financial flexibility, is unlikely to match the Celtics’ offer to Terry.
Also mentioned in that report: The Celtics still want to keep Ray Allen.
- Spears reports that Terry, Celtics agree, doesn’t mention Mavericks having chance to match
- Jason Terry deal with Boston Celtics likely for 3 years, but he might let Mavericks match
- Jason Terry reportedly becoming focus as Boston Celtics move on from O.J. Mayo
- Celtics willing to double Miami Heat’s offer for Ray Allen, interested in Jason Terry
- Celtics in ‘final discussions’ on multi-year contract for Jason Terry, according to report