Jason Terry and the Boston Celtics have agreed on a three-year deal for the mid-level exception (likely to pay Terry $15.7 million for the duration of the deal), according to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Marc Stein reports that Terry will give the Dallas Mavericks a chance to match, but Spears doesn’t mention that in his report.
So what does that mean? This:
PRAY THAT SPEARS HAS IT RIGHT AND TERRY WON’T LET THE MAVERICKS MATCH, AND IF SPEARS IS WRONG PRAY THAT MARK CUBAN WANTS TO KEEP CAP SPACE OPEN IN CASE DERON WILLIAMS WANTS TO PLAY WITH DIRK NOWITZKI INSTEAD OF JOE JOHNSON!!!
Or something like that.
- Jason Terry deal with Boston Celtics likely for 3 years, but he might let Mavericks match
- Jason Terry reportedly becoming focus as Boston Celtics move on from O.J. Mayo
- Celtics willing to double Miami Heat’s offer for Ray Allen, interested in Jason Terry
- Celtics in ‘final discussions’ on multi-year contract for Jason Terry, according to report
- Celtics fall late to Mavericks, 101-97