The Celtics and Jeff Green have reached agreement on a multiyear deal, agent David Falk, and president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said told the Globe it will be official Wednesday.
“We’ve reached agreement in principal for him to return,” agent David Falk said. “You see a situation like Jeff’s where there’s a tremendous level of goodwill that been built up over the last year and half. I’ve got a long memory. I remember people who treat me well and I remember people who don’t.”
The terms of the deal still haven’t been announced, which is why I had been waiting to post the news, but I can’t wait any longer since I’m going to the Red Sox-Yankees game tonight. If you hear somebody audibly weeping and shrieking from Fenway Park, you’ll know Green’s deal is worth the rumored $10 million per season.
- Jeff Green still close to Boston return, might get four-year, $40 million contract
- Jeff Green qualifying offer withdrawn by Boston Celtics
- Celtics reach agreement with Michael Finley
- Jeff Green interested in Boston return once healthy
- Danny Ainge could help Boston Celtics land slight discount for Jeff Green