As I mentioned earlier, the Minnesota Timberwolves have no cap space to offer Greg Stiemsma right now because they have four years and $45 million tied up in an offer sheet to Nicolas Batum. If the Portland Trail Blazers fail to match the Wolves’ offer sheet, the Wolves won’t be able to offer Stiemsma anything at all. But that isn’t likely. More probably, the Blazers will match the offer to keep Batum, clearing the cap space for the Wolves to offer $3 million for Stiemsma. If Minnesota does offer that much and Stiemsma accepts, the Celtics won’t be able to match. Read the explanation why here.
- Greg Stiemsma’s reported offer has potential to end his time with Boston Celtics
- Greg Stiemsma wants to remain a Celtic
- Kevin Garnett wants Greg Stiemsma rewarded with a long-term deal
- Greg Stiemsma withdraws from USA Select Team
- Greg Stiemsma Injury: Stiemsma exits Staples Center in walking boot, Celtics in market for another big