Despite evidence that O.J. Mayo’s development has stagnated or even begun working in the wrong direction, Danny Ainge seems to have set his sights on the free agent and will explore any avenue to acquire him.
The Celtics are reportedly still interested in Mayo, even without much in the way of assets to deal for him or any cap space whatsoever with which to sign him outright. (CSNNE)
“The Celtics still have interest in OJ Mayo, and right now they are not the position to give OJ the kind of money he’s looking for,” Blakely said. “But certainly with sign-and-trade possibilities then all of a suddent OM becomes a player the Celtics might make a run at.”
Short of trading Paul Pierce (which might lead to me developing an addiction to Advil), I just don’t see how the Celtics have any chance of acquiring Mayo. If you can conjure a scenario which ends with Mayo in Boston, no matter how far-fetched it might be, leave it in the comments section. Keep in mind: Mayo reportedly wants more than the mid-level exception. Good luck.
- Jason Terry reportedly becoming focus as Boston Celtics move on from O.J. Mayo
- Sonny Weems interests Boston Celtics, according to report
- O.J. Mayo trade a possibility for Boston Celtics, according to report
- Reggie Evans still interests Boston Celtics
- Chris Paul wouldn’t sign extension with Boston Celtics, according to a report