Since Wilcox is coming back from heart surgery and all, expect him to return with a four-year, $36 million contract.
Just kidding, y’all. A little Jeff Green humor. I’d assume Wilcox’s deal is for the minimum. Though he was just recently cleared for contact, this is good news for the Celtics’ big man depth. If nothing else, it means Fab Melo is not likely to begin the season as the team’s primary backup center, which is nice.
- Ryan Hollins clears waivers, will sign with Boston Celtics; Chris Wilcox being waived to clear roster spot
- O.J. Mayo trade a possibility for Boston Celtics, according to report
- Chris Paul wouldn’t sign extension with Boston Celtics, according to a report
- Chris Wilcox cleared for full-court contact, Celtics said to have interest
- Mike Dunleavy on Boston Celtics radar, according to report