While I’m hoping this is Danny Ainge’s last-ditch attempt to convince teams to line up and beg for Keyon Dooling, I’m not going to hold my breath. The Celtics will almost certainly use the MLE on Terry, leaving them to beg Houston’s Daryl Morey to consider a sign-and-trade that would send Courtney Lee to Boston. Since Morey doesn’t want to add any payroll (see: the amnesty of Luis Scola) and the Celtics obviously can’t find a third team to facilitate a sign-and-trade (damn it), acquiring Lee now seems less likely than observing a Charlotte Bobcats title in 2013.
It sucks, but the Celtics are likely going to have to turn the page on their Lee interest.
- Minor update on Jason Terry sign-and-trade pursuit
- Not surprising: Dallas Mavericks aren’t thrilled by Boston Celtics’ sign-and-trade options
- Celtics looking to sign-and-trade for Jason Terry; would leave MLE open for someone else
- Jason Terry says he’ll give Dallas one last shot, still expects to sign with Boston Celtics
- Boston Celtics enticing third team for sign-and-trade, maybe Toronto Raptors