Boston’s second unit now consists of Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger and Chris Wilcox, which represents approximately 7.5 billion times the talent of last year’s bench. The young core now includes Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass, Lee, Green, Sullinger and Fab Melo, all of whom are 27 or younger. Danny Ainge has successfully made serious steps toward a rebuild while maintaining the Celtics’ short-term competitiveness. And yes, I’m currently doing cartwheels outside while wearing nothing but my birthday suit.
The sign-and-trade can’t be Johnson for Lee straight up unless Lee wants to be one of the most severely underpaid players in the NBA, which he probably doesn’t. The Celtics will likely have to include E’Twaun Moore, Sean Williams, Mickael Pietrus and/or Keyon Dooling in the deal, and probably a future first-round pick. I’d hate to lose Moore, who has become a favorite during summer league. But for Lee, Moore would be a small price to pay.
Hallelujah, folks. Danny Ainge for Executive of the Year, indeed.
- E’Twaun Moore will sign guaranteed deal with Boston Celtics
- Celtics want to sign-and-trade Glen Davis? Report says yes
- Celtics willing to trade for Chris Paul even if he doesn’t sign contract extension, according to a report
- Keyon Dooling, Mickael Pietrus could be used in sign-and-trade for Courtney Lee
- Minor update on Jason Terry sign-and-trade pursuit