Dooling will likely play a much smaller role than he did last year given the Celtics already crowded backcourt. While Dooling might be spending more than a few nights in a suit, he’ll serve as the teams chemist and a veteran presence at the point if Rondo is injured during the season. This news does not bode well for Jamar Smith as the Celtics now have 16 players on their roster and Smith’s unguarenteed contract will likely be the first to go, pending an exceptional training camp.
- Chris Paul deal called off by NBA; Celtics acquire Keyon Dooling
- Keyon Dooling tentatively out of Boston Celtics rotation
- Keyon Dooling questionable, Jermaine O’Neal probable with knee ailments
- Doc Rivers loves Keyon Dooling
- Keyon Dooling, Mickael Pietrus could be used in sign-and-trade for Courtney Lee