Jeff Green’s contract, which will reportedly pay him $36 million over four years and looks better now that Andrei Kirilenko signed for more annual money (???), is not yet done but still appears imminent. This is good, because it’d be awkward if the Celtics introduced Green as a member of the team only to let him walk later because they didn’t want to submit to his demands for an endless supply of Pez.
The two sides have agreed to the framework of a four-year, $36 million deal to return to the Celtics and Green participated in a press conference nearly two weeks ago, but Falk said they are still negotiating issues dealing with the new collective bargaining agreement.
“I expect it will be done imminently,” he said. “Just some collective bargaining issues that changed. Just some details stuff, nothing serious.”
In case you missed it, Wonderboy Intern Tom Westerholm wrote a nice piece about Green yesterday.
And if you did miss it, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????
- Jeff Green, Boston Celtics reach contract agreement
- Jeff Green still close to Boston return, might get four-year, $40 million contract
- Jeff Green agrees to four-year, $36-million contract, according to report
- Jeff Green ’100 percent’ and fielding interest from ’12-14 teams,’ says agent
- Jeff Green qualifying offer withdrawn by Boston Celtics