Three things to take from the video above:
- Jared Sullinger said he was 4-foot-11 at the age of four. He also seemed to agree that he played in a league against 12-year olds before he reached kindergarten. I’m calling B.S. — only Bigfoot and Gheorge Muresan were 4-foot-11 by the age of four, and Muresan couldn’t hold his own against 12-year olds until he reached his 20s.
- The Celtics summer league team, led by Craig Brackins, called Sullinger “Smokey the Swag Bear.” No commentary needed.
- Sullinger said he would start Charles Barkley at point guard on his all-time team. I love the rookie for Boston’s second unit, and I think he has the potential to become a quality starter (and maybe better) in the Association. But I hope nobody ever makes him a GM or coach. He’d make Don Nelson look traditional.
- Jared Sullinger has forgotten more about rebounding than Mark Blount ever knew
- Jared Sullinger draws praise from Danny Ainge
- On Jared Sullinger, my latest man crush
- Jared Sullinger drawing Boston Celtics’ interest
- Boston Celtics summer league observations, Day 3: Jared Sullinger impresses with back-to-basket game