Forget that Jason Terry will score, and score in bunches, which is exactly what the Celtics need. Forget that he’s a former Sixth Man of the Year joining a bench that often struggled to produce last season, and that he should prove quite helpful.
“Well, your strong core group of veterans – Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rondo, obviously the best point guard in the league,” Terry said. “One of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game in Doc Rivers. And then a young nucleus. I mean, the young nucleus we have with the guys we drafted are incredible, and a healthy Avery Bradley. I think we’ll be right there at the end, competing against Miami to win it all.” …
“Obviously I did it with the Mavericks before the season the year we won it,” Terry said while showing off his new tattoo. “So hopefully this year, again, we’ll have the luck of the leprechaun and we’ll get it done again. I definitely believe last year [the Celtics] were right there. They’re already a championship team. They just needed a little jet fuel,” referencing his “Jet” nickname. …
“I’m just excited to be in Celtic green. Again, the mystique, the championship pedigree, the heritage, just being in Boston, it’s going to be great for me,” he said. “Coming from Dallas, that was a great franchise, but this organization here is first class and I just can’t wait to put that uniform on.”
Thanks for signing with the Celtics, JET.
I think I’m beginning to love you in a mostly platonic fashion.
- Video: Jason Terry thrilled to play with Boston Celtics, seems awesome
- Jason Terry says he’ll give Dallas one last shot, still expects to sign with Boston Celtics
- On the Jason Terry signing: Another old, talented Boston Celtic
- Mavericks unlikely to match Jason Terry deal even if given the chance, according to report
- Celtics looking to sign-and-trade for Jason Terry; would leave MLE open for someone else