Given Sam Amick’s Sulia post two hours ago, we here at Celtics Town are assuming that Jeff Green is referring to his contract situation with Boston FINALLY!!! being resolved. This contract would pay Green handsomely, four years and $36 million, and is banking on his high levels of potential rather than his limited NBA accomplishments to date.
There are, however, several other potential subjects to which Jeff Green’s tweet could have referred:
- Green FINALLY!!! got an invite to his good friend’s James Harden’s boat party. This would be a little sad, since the party already happened, and from the looks of things, Uncle Jeff missed one heck of a party. Been there, bro. Been there.
- Green is a good friend of Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger, and, quite frankly, he saw the engagement coming a mile away, as soon as they met, and OMG you guys, he is FINALLY!!! allowed to celebrate publicly! We are celebrating right along with you, Jeff. #TeamChadvril, all day.
- Green has been watching all eight seasons of Scrubs on Netflix and he FINALLY!!! got to Season 8 which, though disappointing, finally allowed JD and Elliot to get together for good. Or he got to Season 3 and, thinking they were FINALLY!!! together for good, he is about to be disappointed. If so, sorry about the spoiler, man. It all works out eventually.
- Green heard the latest news about Miley Cyrus, and acknowledges the seeming inevitability of it FINALLY!!! occurring. I’m not linking this one; y’all can find it yourselves.
- Green, sick of regular people being able to afford high-level basketball shoes, thoroughly approves of LeBron’s new $315 kicks, which should FINALLY!!! help to keep out the riff-raff in the appropriate footwear. Of course, unless Green’s contract has been finalized, he won’t be able to afford the new LBJs, and will himself be part of that riff-raff, so if this is the case, this tweet is a brilliant two-fer.
This is, of course, very much a partial list, and we encourage you to share other possibilities below.
Follow Tom on Twitter, where he STILL won’t give you the link to the Miley Cyrus news: @Tom_NBA.