Kevin Garnett is currently under a three year contract which will take him until the age of 39. To give an idea of the shelf life of an NBA player, Steve Nash is 38 and Juwan Howard is 39. While the latter is a living dinosaur, the first is an important piece of what the Lakers hope is a championship team. KG could very well retire at the end of his contract and still be effective up until his last blocked shot after the whistle.
KG confirming that the Celtics team will be his last also means he can truly unload all of the knowledge he has acquired over the years on the younger members of the Celtics. The benefactors: Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, among others are some of the most fortunate people in the NBA; all they have to do is listen to tap one of the NBA’s deepest knowledge wells.
Overall good news for the Celtics, and another banner would increase the chances of number five hanging in the rafters.
- Kevin Garnett wants to retire, whenever his body tells him to, as a Celtic
- Kevin Garnett tells WEEI he’ll retire as a Celtic
- Kevin Garnett extra-motivated because he might retire following this season, according to report
- Kevin Garnett not retiring, reportedly signs a three-year deal
- Kevin Garnett explains the Celtic way