According to Mark Deeks, KG’s brand new deal includes the coveted no-trade clause, adding him to a very short list in the NBA that includes Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, and Tim Duncan. This shouldn’t come as much of a shock to anyone given how important KG is to this team. Garnett made it clear this offseason he only wants to play for the C’s, and since he returned for well below market value it seems only natural this would be part of the deal. The no-trade clause all but ensures the Big Ticket will retire in green.
- NBA trade rumors: Ainge says ’50-50′ whether Celtics make a deal by NBA trade deadline
- Boston Celtics will not use amnesty clause, says Danny Ainge
- Why the Celtics likely would not benefit from an amnesty clause
- Courtney Lee trade to be finalized today, Sasha Pavlovic added to deal
- Rajon Rondo trade a possibility? Boston Celtics reportedly open to a deal