This is from a credible Serbian newspaper, Novosti.rs. The translation is rough, but I have received confirmation from Twitter follower and friend @IL_NUMERO_UNO that Darko Milicic is indeed coming to Boston to negotiate with the Boston Celtics.
Milicic was reportedly also approached by the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls in addition to a couple overseas teams with good reputations–because, obviously, Darko is every team’s missing piece to a championship.
I would tell you to brace yourselves for a miserable era of doom, as Tom Westerholm (a Timberwolves fan who lives in Iowa and doesn’t know how to decipher time zones) noted would happen if Milicic indeed signed with the Celtics in a piece appropriately titled “Manna from hell.” But this is the offseason. This is a time when we look at dust and see gold, when we look at Darko Milicic and think, “Well, he’s a 7-footer who at the very least will be able to provide six fouls when the Celtics inevitably meet Dwight Howard and the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.”
I’m on board with the signing if it happens. Not wholeheartedly and not because I actually believe Milicic will help the Celtics much, if at all. Just because only nine days remain until training camp and not even signing one of the biggest busts in NBA history can kill my buzz.
That being said: Jail Darko.
- Manna from hell: Darko Milicic should not intrigue the Boston Celtics
- Will Darko outplay Shaq next season?
- Michael Beasley trade rumors: Another week, another report of Boston Celtics interest
- Chris Paul wouldn’t sign extension with Boston Celtics, according to a report
- Delonte West targeted by Los Angeles Lakers, according to report