Keyon Dooling’s agent provided a denial weaker than Chad Pennington’s arm to a recent rumor that Dooling was interested in joining the Miami Heat.
But Dooling wants the world to know: He’s not joining the Miami Heat and he will never wear an NBA uniform again. (Fox Sports Florida)
The Orlando Sentinel reported Saturday that, word was, the point guard — waived by Boston on Friday with the belief he would retire — had interest in the Heat. But the native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., denied that.
“No truth!” Dooling wrote in an email to FOX Sports Florida. “I will never play NBA ball again.”
Alrighty, then. It was real, Keyon. You didn’t have a great season basketball-wise in Boston, but you always represented yourself well both on and off the court.
- Keyon Dooling’s agent refutes Miami Heat rumor, at least for now
- Keyon Dooling, who announced his retirement, reportedly wants to play for the Miami Heat
- Keyon Dooling, Mickael Pietrus could be used in sign-and-trade for Courtney Lee
- Keyon Dooling waived by Celtics
- Keyon Dooling re-signs with Boston Celtics