Darko Milicic is now on the Boston Celtics. Trying to grasp that is like trying to picture Nicolas Cage, my least favorite actor, suddenly being hired to be on How I Met Your Mother, my favorite television show still on the air. Even if Cage played a bit role, mostly standing in the corner while Ted Mosby and Barney Stinson unleash all sorts of hilariousness, his presence would bug me. After every classic Stinson joke, I would see Cage and think, “Ghost Rider! Oh, God, no! WHY ON EARTH DID HOLLYWOOD DECIDE TO MAKE A SEQUEL?!?!?!”
Co-host Ty Ray joins me tonight at 9 p.m. to discuss the Darko signing. We’ll also have an appearance by wonderboy intern Tom Westerholm, a Minnesota Timberwolves fan who was subjected to Darko last season and may or may not have wanted to commit homicide once he found out Darko haunts his dreams and decided to sign with Boston.
We’ll also discuss other topics: Rajon Rondo organizing offseason Celtics practices at UCLA, Doc Rivers calling his back court rotation the NBA’s best and Kevin Garnett devouring a small Kentucky child who made the mistake of calling him old. (Note: One of the three suggested topics is not real.)
But Darko, people. Darko Milicic is on the Boston Celtics. Fuck Nicolas Cage.
Call in at 347-215-7771 or listen with the widget above. Also subscribe on iTunes. Please.
- King of the Court podcast, episode 3: Listen live tonight at 9 p.m. EST
- King of the Court podcast, episode 4: Listen live tonight at 9 p.m. ET
- King of the Court Podcast, Episode 5 tonight: Listen live here at 10 p.m. ET and/or call in
- King of the Court podcast episode 8 tonight at 9
- King of the Court podcast episode 7 live at 9 pm ET