Are you guys sick of hearing about how much Celtics Town loves Jason Terry and this team? Yeah? Too bad. Here’s some more awesome-ness in video form from Jet (and CSNNE (and Brian Scalabrine!!!!!)).
Some notes on the video:
- Scalabrine clearly isn’t super comfortable interviewing people yet, which is fun. He uses “Obviously” a bunch of times, which is the EXACT same thing I did in my first NBA interviews. Feel ya, Scal.
- We spend a lot of time comparing Rondo to people, but Terry brings up a comparison we don’t hear very often: Jason Kidd. “Jay was a quiet leader. Rondo is very vocal. He’s going to tell you exactly where he wants you to be. But they play the SAME, man. Always looking to make the pass.” I mean, there’s a few other differences. For example: Rondo is one of the fastest players in the NBA, while Kidd, ummm, isn’t. However, if Rondo wanted to go through Kidd’s career arc in 3-point shooting percentages, I’d be pretty ok with that.
- Also of note: Rondo is very vocal, telling you exactly where he wants you to be. Leader Rondo continues to make his presence known. I’m giddy.
- On last year: “They were one game away. I believe if they won Game 7 against Miami they would have won the championship last year. Hopefully I’m that piece, along with Jeff Green, along with Chris Wilcox and some of the new guys. We are built for a championship right now. ” Scalabrine immediately agreed after the last phrase. This, of course, goes against most of the internet’s opinion that, had the Celtics pulled off the upset against Miami, they would have gotten soundly trounced by a more athletic OKC team. Then again, most of the internet believed that the Heat would sweep Boston, so suck it, internet.
- On coming off the bench: “I’m the captain of the bench. We take pride in being the second unit. We are a blue-collar unit. We know who the stars are. But coming off the bench every night we are going to bring that intensity, that energy that’s needed to endure throughout a long season so that when the playoffs come, you know you can count on us.” Yeah, but have you guys come up with a weird pumping motion you can do after every good play? No? Good, come up with something better. I wasn’t a fan of the two hand pull-up thing (though I WAS a fan of Keyon Dooling, the originator). I have faith in you, Jason. Also of note: Terry believes Sullinger will be a key contributor.
- And finally, the money shot: “I don’t want to look too far into the distance. It’s all about Game 1. The Miami Heat. We eat it, we breathe it, we live it. We are in training camp back home, Doc’s playing the series from last year, and I feel like I was on the team last year. I’m like ‘Man, I’m ready to tear their heads off.’ Our focus is on this year, this team right here, and I believe in us. I have a firm belief that this team will win a championship.”
For the record, this is like the 14th time a Celtic has threatened to kill the opposition this season. Hope you guys like felonies. Seriously though, this guys have SUCH a chip on their shoulder from last year, including the new guys. It’s going to be a very interesting season opener.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.